Invitation for Application: TRAINING COURSE ON QUALITY MANAGEMENT
The Gambia Standards Bureau (TGSB) and International Trade Centre (ITC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), within the framework of the Youth Employment Project. The objective of this MOU is to promote quality as an enabler for youth employment. A series of activities will be organised and implemented by TGSB in collaboration with ITC, during this pilot phase in 2017 (from August to November). The expected outputs of the activities under this MOU are:
- at least 15 young trainers trained on Quality Management
- at least 50 youth trained on Quality Management in NBR and CRR
- at least 10 youth trained as Auditors of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System standard
The target beneficiaries are youth, as defined by the Gambian Youth Policy 2009, as those in the age bracket of 15-35 years.
Therefore, TGSB hereby invites interested youths to apply for a place in the Training of Trainers course on Quality Management, which will be conducted from 25th to 29th September 2017.
The beneficiaries will be selected based on the following criteria.
- Person aged between 15 and 35 years
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Have a university degree in either social/basic sciences or management
- Half a page motivational statement to demonstrate interest in the course
- Experience in the quality area and or prior experience in conducting training would be an added advantage
- Fully committed to complete the course and to provide information to TGSB about the impact of the training in the next three years
- Fully available to conduct training of youth in the provinces
- Priority of consideration will be given to candidates from NBR and CRR for the courses run in 2017
- Cover letter
- Photocopy of birth certificate or any identity document
- A photocopy of university degree/attestation and transcript
Applications should be submitted to the address below. Both hard and electronic applications are accepted.
The Gambia Standards Bureau
130 Kairaba Avenue
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for submission of applications is FRIDAY, 25th August 2017 at 12 noon.
For any enquiries, please call: 4494512 / 2994142 / 2391696